Wednesday, June 29, 2011

CURLY LOCKS KIKI as a pin cushion...

Happy Wednesday everyone!!
Well I am here to tell you that it is HOT HOT HOT!!

118 degrees the last two days!!

I am melting!!

You know when you really don't feel good to start with and have that kind of heat it is just plain YUCKY YUCK!!


I hope it is cooler where ever you are!

Today I have a little pin cushion to show you using ...


she can be found in the Elisabeth Bell Digial Gallery.
I had a very hard time doing the photos of this.

It is so very fun and cute in real life.

Photos don't do it justice!


I have printed the image out on heavy weave muslin and colored with my copic markers. Coloring on muslin is not the same as coloring on tee shirt fabric and NOT ANYTHING like papers. The colors run fast so you have to work quick and then let it dry out some before you finish. I thought this image would be so much fun to do up as a pin cushion/needle holder to sit on the end table next to my recliner in the family room. As I am always stitching on my quilt tops if I am watching TV. So I have taken some small scraps of fabric and sewn them together and sewn cotton lace on the outside edge. I have also sewn cotton lace with a Black and white stripe ribbon over the top of it across the midde and added a bow on the right side. I did add a paper rose and a string of pearls. The image is sewn on the top of the fabric like a pocket with the top open so that I can put my packages of needles and my embrodoidery scissors down inside of it. I have stuffed my little pin cushion with crush walnut shells. Did you know that crushed walnut shells on the inside of pin cushions will help keep your pins and needles sharp? The top left corner has a felt flower with ribbon, bakers string and a pearl.
As you can see there is plenty of room for your embroidery needles and sissors in the pocket. I have hat pins, quilters pins, safety pins and needles stuck all round the pin cushion.
Lots of room for all of the things that I use while stitiching.
Just below is a photo of it laying flat. But still not a great photo. Just can't see all of the little fun details in the photos. So much more fun to hold. :o)
Reminder: You have until Friday July 1 to make a card following the sketch posted at the top of the page YOU COULD WIN THIS DIGI....CURLY LOCKS KIKI

Thanks for stopping by today!
I hope you are staying cool where ever you are.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Crea Astrid said...

What a beautiful card is this. Nice details. Beautiful digi.

Hugs Astrid.

Janneke said...

Wauw this is realy beautiful Janiel ;o)

Hugs, Janneke XO

Penni said...

Wow this is gorgeous.

Hugs
Penni
X