Sunday, November 28, 2010

Something with just a few folds! ha ha

Hiya - Can you believe it's Sunday already?  I've been free from my job since Tuesday for the Thanksgiving holidays, and already tomorrow I have to return to work.  YUCK!!!  Dreading it already!  

Today I have a very unique card to show you.  I saw this card and tutorial on the StampArtic Blog, and of course I just HAD to try it....  It's not perfect, but if I ever do this style again, I know where I might want to modify things a bit...  BUT WOW - This was a job, but it was SOOOO Worth it!

I used Little Rapunzel from Elisabeth Bell's Digi collection, simply because she is just absolutely beautiful, and I never get tired of her!

This is what you would see when you first look at the card, 


(for some reason the paper flowers look a bit dark for this card, but in real life they do match quite well),  the golden colors, are actually more like a soft beige with a hint of yellow - and the darker pinkish color actually is the same exact color as the darker pinks on the papers I used.  Very strange indeed... I wonder if it's because they are coated in modge-podge which tends to darken things in photo's)  who knows...  LOL

But when you untie it, this is what you get:



HOLY COW - Crazy, right???  Yes it really does open up all the way flat, but taking a picture of it that way just wasn't as interesting to see.  I left the writing area blank, because I haven't yet decided what I want to use this card for.  Maybe a birthday card, maybe a Thinking of you Card, I don't know yet.

You can find the Tutorial here! I had so much fun with this one.  If anyone else ever tries this technique, I'd love to see it!  I'm sure there are even more variations to this style.  One of these days when I have lots of time on my hands, I just might play around and see what I can come up with.

The papers I used for this card, and for the flowers, are from K&Company, and my image is colored using my favorite coloring medium - Copics!  =)

Thanks for stopping by today!  =)

3 comments:

Pati said...

Ohhh woooooww Lynda, your card is TERRIFIC. I've never seen such a fun card before. Love the punch and all the folds. This is such a cool technique! I definitely have to try once how this works. :-) Thank you for sharing the tutorial.
I like the colours you have used for "Little Rapunzel".
Great job!

BIG hugs and have a wonderful day!
Pati

kaos said...

That is one gorgeous cards - love the folds - a gorgeous creation! And it makes a simple card a gorgeous gift!

hugs
kaos

Anonymous said...

Wow Lynda!! That looks complicated to me...so I need to check out that tutorial!! You've done such a gorgeous job with the punched edges!! I love it!!