Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Little Bit of Altered Fun for Summer....

Greetings Elisabeth Bell fans...  I do believe I have completely lost my marbles... or maybe it was my "flip-flops"...  I have a little story to tell you, before I show you something I altered just for Summer. 

Some of you may know already, that I work at a school for special needs kids, with severe behavioral problems.  If you don't know it, guess what?  NOW you DO! ha ha...

About a month ago, a girl who used to work there came in for a visit, and she brought at least 3 HUGE bags of "FLIP FLOPS"  Every single pair were brand new, and still had their plastic hangers on them, and tied together the way that they have them in stores.  She knew someone who wanted to donate them.  Many of the kids got to take several pairs, but they only were in smaller kids sizes...  Well that still left us with oodles and oodles of "Flip-Flops".  Well... I was determined that I WOULD find a way to do something with a pair of flip-flops.... 
Sooooo..... HERE COMES SUMMER!!!


It's a Flip Flop Wall Hanging - isn't it so summery, and fun?  I used "Little Best Friends" from Elisabeth Bells Digital Gallery, as well as "Tube Wear" and "Bronzing Beauty" from Belles 'n Whistles.  I thought this would be a fun decoration to hang up during the Summer Season.

Rather than having the back of one flip-flop overlapping the other, I traced it with a marker where I wanted it to overlap, and then used a hot knife to trim one of the flip-flops, so they would fit perfectly together.  I then used Hot Glue, to connect them, so it's now all one piece.  The rest is self explanatory, as I'm sure you can see, it was just all about layout and embellishing.  I coated the sign that says "Welcome Summer" with clear crackle paint for effect. 

Sooooo, there it is, one of my craziest of altered items, but ohhhh it was SOOOO MUCH FUN!!!  and SEE?  I knew I would find a nice use for those flip-flops.  =)

2 comments:

Penni said...

Wow - that's different. What Fun!!!

Hugs
Penni
X

jojoscraps said...

What a great summer idea! Fun
Jo xx